The DMK‘s troubles are far from over. Hit hard by the alleged involvement of prominent leader A Raja in the massive 2G scam in an election year, the party now has to again deal with rebellion at home.
There are reports that DMK chief M Karunanidhi‘s older son, Union Chemicals Minister M K Alagiri, has threatened to quit his party position if the party does not sack A Raja from all party positions he holds. Raja had to quit as Telecom Minister a few months ago for his alleged role in the 2G spectrum scam.
Alagiri has also reportedly demanded similar action against his sister Kanimozhi and the state IT Minister Poongothai for making derogatory references against him in recorded conversations on the Niira Radia tapes.
Alagiri is the DMK’s organising secretary for south Tamil Nadu, and there are unconfirmed reports that he has now also demanded a state-level party position.
Source: Read Full Article
- DMK shows it strength at Alagiri son’s wedding (ibnlive.in.com)
- Raja will behave himself-Radia. (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Top DMK leaders eye Telecom Ministry (ibnlive.in.com)
- Jayalalithaa offers to back Cong if DMK quits (ibnlive.in.com)
- Radia speaks to her colleague ; DMK with Cong.Kanimozhi,Tapes. (ramanan50.wordpress.com)